Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Way Way Overdue....Starting NEW!

Way over due is a very mild way of putting it. Sooooo......I am just starting new. A lot has happened since my last posting. Surgery, down time, laptop problems, now a new laptop, so new laptop problems. I could go on, but I am sure you all have the picture by now. In all this Vickye and I left the flea market arena. We hated to go as we both had made some wonderful friends and will be sure to go to visit every chance we can. Out of these couple of fun but very poor sales months, we made friends with a sweet couple of girls and their families. The same weekend we pulled out so did they. While we finished out the weekend our brains and mouths were non stop Sheila and Deirdre about their opening a shop. By Sunday at business close, Sheila had rounded up a nice building on a very busy main street and rented it. Soon, plans were in place and I got to help in the starting of their business known as Willow Tree. I had a barn full of old tables and chairs, plus a few other things and these were to be used as props for displaying merchandise. They girls painted nonstop for 14 hours for the first couple days to get this shop on the go to open. With hardly any sleep these two along with husbands, and assorted family
members managed to get this shop opened last Friday in a total of 7 days. So far without benefit of advertising it is showing to be very much a success.

I will have my painted items in there, but will be painting more towards the prim side of what I do for the shop. I will still continue to do all the styles I love also. They shop has an assortment of primitive styles so everything fits together nicely.

I will continue to update you and post pictures that I have taken during this transformation of a doctors office, so stay posted.
Hugs, Marcia
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment