Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HOT HOT HOT

The temps here in NE Kentucky are climbing.
It doesn't appear there is going to be a break any
time soon either. Our little peach tree in our front
yard is so overloaded that a branch broke. The two
containers are holding what was on just the one
branch. It will take a few days for them to rippen,
but at least we saved them. We've got props holding
up several of the other branches too. I noticed
the peaches were getting half eaten right on the
branch so maybe it is time to bring in the crops...LOL.
The deer are starting to munch and then come the
bees onto what they leave so it gets a bit dangerous to
pick them. Soooo, we might just have to pick and share
with our neighbors. Yummmm, peach cobbler, peach
pie, peach home made ice cream, and lots of other goodies.

This picture shows the two lazy susans and one IKEA
tray I am currently working on. The pattern is in this
months PaintWorks, designed by Peggy Harris. It
involves using real ferns as the stencil. Once I finish the
details on the ferns, then there are butterfly's , ladybugs,
an orange lizard, oh.....snails and bumble bees too. Can't
forget the frog either and also one kind of ugly spider.
I am getting ready for a show August 3rd up in
Sault Ste. Marie, MI. Its my hometown, and a show I
haven't done in years. I thought this might be a good
way for my husband and I to see all our friends that we
miss on our too short of visits when we come home. The
whole town turns out for this great show.
Mushy Hugs
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment